Civil Rights Department
- Educates by offering Know Your Rights, Islam 101, and Community Safety trainings.
- Advocates by dealing with FBI profiling, immigration civil rights violations, hate crime cases, employment discrimination, and harassment incidents on behalf American Muslims and Muslims in America.
- Mobilizes community members and institutions to become more involved in civic life and social justice causes.
Civil Rights Committee
- Comprises of critical community leaders and influencers in the areas of social justice, civil rights, and legal. An ideal member will inform committee members and Civil Rights Director on opportunities and resources that will better position CAIR to advance its Civil Rights Department.
- Civil Rights Committee should not exceed 7 members
- Civil Rights Committee members are appointed by the Board.
- Civil Rights Committee members serve for two years.
- CR Committee meets once a month
- Assigned staff: Civil Rights Director
Committee Members Criteria
1- Professional legal background related to Civil Rights issues (immigration, employement)
2- Connections within the legal field and/or the Muslim community
3- Familiarity with civil rights issues within the Muslim community
4- Time commitment of 2-3 hours/ week if needed.
Other CAIR-DFW Departments
Government Affairs department
- Educates by offering policy and political education, candidates forums, Know Your Government presentations, and Meet Your Rep training.
- Advocates by organizing Texas Capitol Day, National Day of Advocacy, Immigrants Rights advocacy activities and local policy-related campaigns.
- Mobilizes by organizing voter registration drive campaigns and developing alliances with like-minded organizations
firstname.lastname@example.org - (469)998-CAIR
- Educates by offering media training programs for communities and youth, developing educational experiences for those working with media.
- Advocates by developing positive messaging campaigns about Islam & Muslims, positive relationships with local media agencies and personnel, and facilitate speaking opportunities for Muslim authorities in different fields.
- Mobilizes by creating social media campaigns to respond to callas of action related to CAIR’s mission.
email@example.com - (469)998-CAIR
Community Development Department
Advocates by organizing special interest groups (medical, legal, etc.) to promote their interests within institutions representing their interest and facilitating the development of desperately needed services - such as psychosocial services amongst refugees.
Educates by offering youth leadership trainings, internships, externships, Know Your Rights trainings for refugees and youth and Community Safety trainings.
Mobilizes communities and MSAs for specific causes.