Government Affairs Department
- Educates by offering policy and political education, candidates forums, Know Your Government presentations, and Meet Your Rep training.
- Advocates by organizing Texas Capitol Day, National Day of Advocacy, Immigrants Rights advocacy activities and local policy-related campaigns.
- Mobilizes by organizing voter registration drive campaigns and developing alliances with like-minded organizations
Government affairs Committee
- Comprises of critical community leaders and influencers in the areas of legistlation, policy, elections, and politics. An ideal member will inform committee members and Government Affairs Director on opportunities and resources that will better position CAIR to advance its Government Affairs Department.
- Government Affairs Committee should not exceed 7 members
- Government Affairs Committee members are appointed by the Board.
- Government Affairs Committee members serve for two years.
- Government Affairs Committee meets once a month
- Assigned staff: Government Affairs Director
Committee Members Criteria
1- Government affairs background (engagement in policy development, voters drive campaigns, advocacy work, etc.)
2- Connections within local governmental institutions.
3- Time commitment of 2-3 hours/ week if needed.
firstname.lastname@example.org - (469)998-CAIR
- Educates by offering media training programs for communities and youth, developing educational experiences for those working with media.
- Advocates by developing positive messaging campaigns about Islam & Muslims, positive relationships with local media agencies and personnel, and facilitate speaking opportunities for Muslim authorities in different fields.
- Mobilizes by creating social media campaigns to respond to callas of action related to CAIR’s mission.
email@example.com - (469)998-CAIR
Community Development Department
Advocates by organizing special interest groups (medical, legal, etc.) to promote their interests within institutions representing their interest and facilitating the development of desperately needed services - such as psychosocial services amongst refugees.
Educates by offering youth leadership trainings, internships, externships, Know Your Rights trainings for refugees and youth and Community Safety trainings.
Mobilizes communities and MSAs for specific causes.