The Young Muslim Leadership Council (YMLC) is the youth arm of CAIR-Texas.
Why YMLC: Every day, we at CAIR-Texas wake up and ask the question, "how do we change the world"? We ask ourselves, "how do we transform the miserable condition of the Ummah and tackle the multiple problems impacting humanity." Our simple answer, "one young Muslim at a time." Successful graduates of our leadership program who want to apply all what they have learned, are eligible to apply for YMLC Board. YMLC aims to inspire, train, and network the next generation of American Muslim leaders.
Positions on YMLC Local Boards:
2. Vice-President/Vice Chair
3. Secretary Chair
4. Treasury Chair
Guidelines for Eligibility:
● ANY person wishing to serve on the YMLC Board must have
completed at least one semester of our leadership program.
● Term durations: One (1) full year
○ Upon term end, leaders will have the option to run again for the
same position OR be promoted to a higher position, if they wish.
○ Regarding the above point, leaders who have successfully
completed one year in any position will be given PRIORITY to take
the higher position as opposed to a brand-new candidate who has
never served before.
○ If re-elected, you will serve for another one (1) full year, totaling a
maximum of two (2) years possible for any individual to be in a
position of leadership.
YMLC Structure: YMLC consists of a series of boards that are both local and state-wide focused.
For further questions, please contact your local office: